Friday, March 11, 2011

Starting Again

It's clearly March... proof that I'm clearly not the best blogger.  My intentions for this little blog of mine quickly had to surrender to the realities of my life of late.  The last several months have been a whirlwind for our family.  We now live in Spring, Texas.  How we got here... well that's another story.

We've been in Texas for almost one month now, and we love it!  Cooper is getting so big, and almost on a daily basis I think about this little neglected blog and what I'd like to be sharing on it about him.  So today I finally decided that my "To Do" lists can wait.  At such a young age there is so much changing in our little guy every single day.  So here we go... getting back on the wagon and starting again to catch up, and keep up, with our little Cooper James.

Our first trip down to Texas was to visit daddy and find a house.  Although you can't tell from the pictures, Cooper was actually really excited on the plane.




We found an original Texas armadillo before we even found a house.  :)

(No, it's not tied to the tree)

Our cute little house...


Our second trip to Texas was the big move.  We had to say good-bye to lots of family and friends.
Julia
Nathan & Ty
Courtney & Brooklyn

Chrislyn & Emma, Becky & Ella

On the day of the move Clint, Papa Kent, Papa Jim, and uncle Mark all drove the moving trucks and vehicles while Gina, Grammy Sherrie, Grammy Rita, Aunt Jodi, and cousins (Boston, Lydia, Asher & Owen) got to fly.  What a trip!  I don't know what was harder, the guys' two and a half day drive to Texas in slow moving trucks, or the four and a half hour flight with three babies, one two year old and one three year old.  But we all made it safely... and even had a little fun on the way.  (Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of that.  We had our hands quite full so I didn't even think to pull out the camera.  Dangit!)

Thanks to both mine and Clint's amazing parents, we were able to get all settled in before saying good-bye.  We miss you guys!

Cooper has pretty much gotten used to his new room.  It looks just like the old one which made it easy.  I think what took some getting used to was going to sleep in his own bed again.  (Before we moved, Coop and me stayed with my parents for 6 weeks.  We got in a bad habit of falling asleep together in mommy's bed.)

One day I went into his new room after putting him down for a nap and found that he had fallen asleep sitting up, playing in his bed.  It was so cute!



A few days before the big move Cooper crawled for the first time...




...So now he's getting around the place quite speedy... climbing up on things and getting into things a lot faster too.  He's a busy boy!

He has two little bottom teeth and four top teeth on their way in.  We expect to see those any day now.  We're so lucky to get to watch this little buglet grow and learn and develop.  He is a great source of joy for both Clint and me.  His sweet personality and darling smile keep us very happy!





2 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm glad you emailed me with the link. One of my friends has been pestering me relentlessly to update my blog, so i finally did. I sent you the site in an email. I'm so glad you guys are all settled and together again as a family:) I love seeing pictures of Cooper and can't wait to see more! Don't let me down!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd given up on your blog! I am glad I checked it again! :) You and Jules look so good! It was fun to see pics of Cooper. He is adorable!
    xoxo-

    ReplyDelete